Developed in 2003 the Smart Systems Forecast Model was the first database to track the Internet of Things opportunity. Harbor’s proprietary smart systems device demographics database and model helps strategic business developers evaluate opportunities, make decisions around pricing models and craft marketing and sales strategies. Harbor’s Smart Systems Forecast Model is the most comprehensive large scale model of the Internet of Things offering users extensive views of growth opportunities covering over 450+ device segments modeled against the IoT stack layers in a five year forward forecast of the IoT and Smart Systems and Services Market.
Our device demographics database coupled with research across the IoT technology stack helps businesses understand the scale of opportunity for each layer of the Internet of Things stack. Our forecasting model provides an empirical, quantitative schema for assessing vertical markets, customer segments, applications and use cases to identify smart systems growth opportunities and criteria for decision-making and long-term success.
Market Segmentation: Venue Map
Technology Stack and Revenue Categories
Revenue streams within the model are organized into four macro layers:
- Enablement: Revenues generated from the connectivity hardware and integration.
- Network Services: Revenues generated from network services, configuration & provisioning.
- System Applications: Revenues generated from service delivery platforms for device management and connectivity.
- Value Added Applications: Revenues generated from application delivery services.
Custom Forecast Modeling
As revenue models shift away from simple products to complex services, companies are forced to look at new business models that will be driven by device data. With access to our database, your team will have access to 450+ device segments across the economy to inform the potential revenues you can expect to obtain from smart systems and the Internet of Things.
Examples of Custom Modeling Projects:
- TAM, PAM, SAM calculations for business model forecasting
- Data statistics including usage and storage by device
- New device category modeling (i.e. body cameras or other devices new to the market)
- Market share and company revenues by device types for each of the revenue categories
Download our Smart Systems Forecast Model methodology and overview here.