Job Description – Associate
Harbor Research is currently seeking an Associate to join our growing strategy consulting, business design, and research practice in Boulder, CO. We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated associate with experience in a strategy or technology consulting firm, technology-focused investment bank, or technology analyst firm.
As an associate and a member of our team, you will focus on key elements of client projects working towards leading engagements while learning to develop critical industry insights. You will have direct interactions with senior staff, client executives and a high degree of independence as you conduct analyses, interview clients and their customers, plan and facilitate workshops, translate conclusions into recommendations, or help support the firm’s development of thought leadership.
Our consulting engagements cover a wide range of work including new growth opportunity assessments, go-to-market strategies, product portfolio analysis, technology road mapping, customer use case research and competitive analysis. Given the fast pace and nature of our work, we expect the Associate to be able to quickly identify and fill skills gaps to make an immediate impact within the team.
The Associate will be expected to:
- Identify and learn core skills quickly to be able to make an immediate impact;
- Be able to work independently and manage open-ended and less-defined tasks;
- Assist project teams in developing key deliverables for client engagements, including; developing business and market forecasts, revenue and business models, conducting market and competitor research, and developing or extending Harbor’s strategic frameworks;
- Conduct primary and secondary research on behalf of client engagements or research projects through individual research as well as both in-person and telephone interviews;
- Interact with and instill confidence in our clients throughout engagements in a manner consistent with Harbor’s values;
- Assist with the development, design, and authoring of firm thought leadership, including industry white papers, reports, and other various publications;
- Balance multiple work streams simultaneously within a challenging and demanding environment; and,
- Participate in and contribute to the development of Harbor’s growing business by testing and iterating critical internal processes
At a minimum, we expect the ideal candidate to possess the following experience:
- 1-3 years of experience with a business or technology strategy firm, technology-focused investment bank, or similar;
- BA/BS degree from top-tier university in economics, business, or similar quantitative field;
- Demonstrated creative fact-finding and research skills;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced presentation and Excel modeling skills preferred, experience with Adobe suite is a plus; and,
- Demonstrated interest in technology-driven areas.
Harbor Research, Inc. is committed to offering our employees a fulfilling and rewarding work environment. Harbor offers a competitive compensation program, an array of benefits and performance incentives. We encourage career development by practicing a “promote-from-within” policy to enhance individual and career growth.
If you think you may be a fit, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate the job title in the subject line.
Want to help us grow our firm?