IoT investment in the month of March totaled $18.1B, but a majority of this includes Intel’s massive $15.3B acquisition of Mobileye. When adjusted to exclude this purchase, allocated capital was $2.8B, down from $3.4B in February and up from $955mm in January.
- Companies You Should be Watching – Axcelis Technologies
- M&A and Investments – MetroNet / Venus, Oakhill (Firstlight) / Finger Lakes Technologies and Sovernet, EQT Partners / Innovyze, HP Enterprises / Nimble Storage, Intel / Mobileye, Software AG / Cumulocity, CA Technologies / Veracode, GE / Monica Healthcare, Toshiba / Landis+Gyr
- People Moving – Intel, Baidu, Avnet
- Earnings – Progress Software, Marvell Technology, KMG Chemical, Munich Re
- Private Funding – Mythic, Innovium, Casetext, Kensho, DataRobot, WayRay, Nearpod, Autonomic, Filament, Cradlepoint, Confluent, Arable, Iconnectiv, Borqs, Evrythng, Flo Live, Pepper, Chowbotics, Deep Sea, MapR, Cloudera, WideOpenWest, Okta